Saturday, March 1, 2014

Where Ya Been?

Where Ya Been?

Some of you may be wondering that about me! I knew when I started my blog over the Christmas break that I would not keep up with it as well once school started, but I didn’t anticipate exactly what a lousy job I would do!

In my defense, I started a new job three weeks ago. I had been at my past job for almost nine years (a record for me!) as a founding teacher at a small, charter school. I am now at a much larger school – the one my daughter will be attending next year. It was very, very hard to leave all the wonderful people I had grown to love at my old school, but I am liking my new job a lot. Of course there is a learning curve and I have found myself to be very busy, but I am certain that it was the right decision (even though it was a hard one to make). I am also taking classes to obtain my AIG (Academically and Intellectually Gifted) add-on certification to my teaching licensure, and that has been keeping me busy as well.
In the writing realm, I have not allowed myself to begin working on anything new until I finish two “open” projects. The first one is the historical fiction The Pirate’s Revenge that Heather Frey Blanton has helped me with so much. I am almost done with that and anticipate having it completely in the hands of my editor in less than a week. The other one is the audio version of Chop, Chop. Several years ago I hired the talented Paul Porter Jr. to narrate for me, and we are finally closing in on a finished product!

Once these two piece are completed, I intend to write Taken – another stand-alone companion novel to the Chop, Chop series. Then what I’m really anxious for is to write a new series that begins with the novel The One I Trust. The first four books are in my head and I can’t wait to start writing again and begin sharing these stories with you all. If I allow myself to write now, however, I won’t ever finish my historical novel or the audio book, and I owe it to the people who have helped me on them so much to get them actually completed!!

So that’s what’s been up with me. I have been very busy, but consider myself blessed beyond belief and I thank you for your prayers and love and support. If you have contacted me in any way and I haven't responded appropriately, please don't feel offended, but instead just try again. Things have settled down a bit and I hope I won't let things slip through the cracks this time. Many blessings to each of you!

7 comments:

  1. Excited to see that pirate book out. Let's do a launch at the beach! Even if it's just a girls weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Said the woman who lives three hours from the beach to the woman who lives six hours from the beach! LOL!

      Delete
  2. Leeann, I'm glad everything is going so well at the new school, and congrats on taking AIG courses. I've thought about adding that to my certification as well. I thought you'd had your blog going for a long time--did you really start it brand new around Christmas? I just put a new post on mine and I'm going to try for every two weeks, but as you say, life intervenes. I am going to email you right now with my latest accomplishment, not anything to do with writing unfortunately! By the way I love the background of books on this blog, it's lovely! (For some reason when I try to sign in here with my wordpress account I get a message saying the URL contains illegal characters, but it's my wordpress address, sigh, in fact I can't sign in with anything that has a URL)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe b/c it's wordpress instead of blogger? IDK, I'm still a true newbie at this! Can't wait for your email!

      Delete
  3. I have just discovered your ChopChop series and am loving them! Thank you for writing these real Christian books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, @Cyn!! Have you read the "Story Behind Chop, Chop" yet? If you haven't, please do! https://www.facebook.com/notes/chop-chop/the-story-behind-chop-chop/10151345908658709

      Delete
  4. Try putting your comment under the Name/URL selection. That will work with any website, starting with www. If you have no website & you're trying to comment with an email address, try anonymous(with your name) or Google, using a Gmail acct. I realize this is probably old news by now, but it may help others. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete