Sunday, January 5, 2014

And My Answer Is . . .

I recently posted So What Color Is Josette Anyway on my blog and asked you to let me know what color you thought Josette was (with the promise that I would tell you my thoughts after you'd shared).

I also mentioned in a comment to that post that I was planning on writing a story (likely short, but who knows?) from Dorito's wife's point of view. Maria is Caucasian and Dorito is, of course, Latino. Since then, my mind has been whirling and I am enjoying the story that is forming between Dorito and Maria, but I MUST finish my Pirate story first and my audio version for Chop, Chop and the paperback version of What I Want before I allow myself to work on anymore stories!

(As an aside, I'd like to share that I was pleased to get several nice reviews in the last few days on Amazon, including one from Madison who stated that she and her mother give each other Greg's "I Love You" hand signal all the time. That made me happy!)

But anyway, you want to know what color Josette is in my mind, and the answer is: Caucasian. I don't know why, that's just always the way I have always pictured her. I found it very interesting that we all saw her differently!! (Critics will say that's why I should have described her, but you know I disagree!) In this case, it didn't really matter, so that's why it wasn't mentioned. In Maria's case, however, I think that's going to be one of the main issues.

For now, however, I leave you with this short clip from Seinfeld that always makes me laugh. I hope you'll enjoy it too. Many blessings ~ stay warm!


No comments:

Post a Comment